4520 76 Avenue NW
AB T6B 0A5
Due to the current COVID-19 concerns and resulting travel restrictions placed on many of our members the Spring PDC/AGM will be rescheduled to sometime in June 2020. If you were scheduled to attend please make the necessary changes to your travel plans. Another communication will be distributed in the near future with more information on details around refunds and registrations with the appropriate contacts.
AIHA Local Section President
|Symposium & AGM|
|PDC, Symposium & AGM|
The AIHA – Alberta Section provides the opportunity for recognition of individuals who have contributed to advancing the occupational hygiene profession and/or Local Section. This award allows members of the Alberta Local Section to acknowledge our peers for going the extra mile.
The Alberta Local Section would like you to think about the contributions of your peers and nominate someone who has made a significant difference. Attached is a questionnaire that asks you to describe the contributions of that special person.
Award Criteria Suggestions:
Some examples of contributions that the Alberta Local Section recognizes:
- Long-term service to the Local Section including the Executive;
- Mentoring new entrants/professionals in the occupational hygiene field;
- Educating/giving presentations about the field of occupational hygiene;
- Enhancing the profession of occupational hygiene;
Note – a large number of years of service is not a mandatory criterion for award selection. The award is based on merit/contribution rather than purely years of service. Therefore, any local section member can be nominated and evaluated on their contributions.
- Nominations must identify and explain the contribution the individual made;
- You may nominate any Alberta Local Section member, other than yourself;
- All nominations are treated equally and there are no “categories”;
- The names of the nominator will be kept confidential;
- The names of all nominees will be published;
- The presentation of the award will be made at the Annual General Meeting.
2020 Call for Nominations
Want to get involved with the Alberta Local Section? Want some free professional development opportunities? Here is your opportunity!
The Alberta Local Section of the AIHA is seeking nominations for the following executive positions:
- President-Elect (1-year term that transitions into the President role)
- Education Director (2-year term)
- Secretary (2-year term)
- Public Relations Director (2-year term)
- Membership/Webmaster (2-year term)
These positions will be elected at the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled for March 19, 2020 at the Radisson Hotel & Convention Center (4520 76 Avenue NW) in Edmonton, Alberta.
Benefits include CM points for certifications, ability to attend symposiums and education sessions sponsored by the Local Section free of charge. In addition, reasonable travel expenses to attend meetings can be covered.
Any member in good standing interested in serving in one of these positions is asked to complete/submit the Nominee Information Form prior to the AGM (March 19, 2020). Nomination forms will also be available at the AGM.
- You can nominate yourself!
- Contact any past or current executive member for more information.
Thank you to our sponsors