The AIHA – Alberta Section provides the opportunity for recognition of individuals who have contributed to advancing occupational hygiene profession and/or Local Section. This award allows members of the Alberta Local Section to acknowledge our peers for going the extra mile.
The Alberta Local Section would like you to think about the contributions of your peers and nominate someone who has made a significant difference. Attached is a questionnaire that asks you to describe the contributions of that special person.
Award Criteria Suggestions:
Some examples of contributions that the Alberta Local Section recognizes:
- Long-term service to the Local Section including the Executive;
- Mentoring new entrants/professionals in the occupational hygiene field;
- Educating/giving presentations about the field of occupational hygiene;
- Enhancing the profession of occupational hygiene;
Note – a large number of years of service is not mandatory criteria for award selection. The award is based on merit/contribution rather than purely years of service. Therefore, any local section member can be nominated and evaluated on their contributions.
- Nomination must be in writing – use the attached questionnaire as a framework;
- Nominations must identify and explain the contribution the individual made;
- You may nominate any Alberta Local Section member, other than yourself;
- All nominations are treated equally and there are no “categories”;
- The names of the nominator will be kept confidential;
- The names of all nominees will be published;
- Presentation of the award will be made at the Annual General Meeting.
Please complete the nomination questionnaire and submit;