Membership in the AIHA-Alberta Local Section (AIHA-AB) provides you with a wide range of networking opportunities in the occupational health and safety field. As an AIHA-AB member, you can stay abreast of the latest developments in the field—at the local level and worldwide. Membership in your local section will keep you informed, and it will provide you with a total spectrum of activities that enhance your professional growth while promoting the occupational health and safety field. AIHA national membership is not required, but membership in both organizations is strongly encouraged to maximize your benefits.
- Network and update both your technical and practical knowledge on current occupational health and safety topics at professional events including Participation in the local section provides you with opportunities to:
- local section meetings and socials
- Professional development courses
- Annual symposium
- Recognize excellence in the field through Award of Recognition:
- Promote the future of industrial hygiene through:
- Support of local IH student participation in the local section
- Community outreach activities,
Additional benefits include:
- Ability to earn recertification points by attending the above-mentioned conveniently-located professional development and networking sessions.
- Discounts on PDC , review IH courses, and annual symposium
- Post an unlimited number of Career Opportunities with no additional fee.
- newsletter containing the latest update for IH
- Opportunity to introduce yourself at local section meetings and distribute information about your employment availability.
- Exclusive admission to the Members Only area of AIHA-AB website which includes a directory of all local section education training material
- Opportunities to support others in the local section through service on its Executive Committee or its various committees
- Access to the most recent local section-sponsored membership survey results.
The AIHA Alberta Local Section annual membership is valid from April 1st to March 31st of following year. Please note that you will require having an active membership of that year to receive premium membership benefits of that year.